It’s not difficult to find halal marshmallows in Toronto but it’s certainly difficult to find great tasting halal marshmallows.A few days ago I received a box of some delicious halal, vegan toasted coconut marshmallows from Kaamilah
, a Toronto based luxury boutique for Muslim families.These gourmet marshmallows are handmade by S’more Treats
, an Ottawa based halal candy store. S’more Treats halal marshmallows, halal gummy candies and other sweet treats are available at Kaamilah boutique located in Scarborough as well as on Kaamilah’s online store
.I was tempted to munch down the entire box of pillowy soft marshmallows but decided to pair them up with chocolate to come up with these Toasted Coconut Marshmallow Brownies.
Incidentally, this brownie recipe has become my new go-to recipe for brownies. They are awesome even without the layer of toasted coconut marshmallows and chocolate buttercream. However, if you are a coconut lover and have a really sweet tooth do try them with the toasted coconut marshmallows and frosting .
1½ cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 cup (2 sticks) melted butter
4 eggs, at room temperature and lightly beaten
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 boxes (approx. 12 oz) halal toasted coconut marshmallows
For Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup milk
2 cups icing sugar, sifted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9×13 inch pan. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
2) Add the melted butter, whisked eggs, and vanilla. Using a whisk, stir until mixture is combined and no dry lumps remain.
3) Spread batter in prepared pan and bake for 25-35 minutes. Brownies are done when a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out clean and moist.
4) When brownies are done, remove from oven and place the marshmallows in a single layer on top. Return to the oven for 3-4 minutes or until the marshmallows are puffed and starting to turn light golden. Remove from oven and cool completely.
5) While brownies are cooling, beat together the frosting ingredients on medium speed until light and fluffy. Spread over the cooled brownies and cut into squares.Add some sprinkles, if desired.
Disclaimer: I received a free product sample for review. However, the opinions expressed are my own. I did not receive any other compensation for this post.
3 comments on “Toasted Coconut Marshmallow Brownies”
Lovely recipe! Thanks for sharing!
they just look amazing….
as salamu alaikum! What a super cute and fun recipe. Would love to try for a party.