With Ramadan (muslim month of fasting) just round the corner, it’s time to stock up my freezer. True, Ramadan is a month of fasting not feasting, but a change in eating schedule demands a change in our regular menu. During Ramadan a well stocked freezer ensures that one spends more time in ibaadah (worship) rather in the kitchen.
1 kg boneless chicken – small cubes
2 slices of bread
Group 1 :
5-6 cloves garlic
1 level tsp black pepper powder
1 small onion chopped
1 tsp salt
1 small onion finely chopped
2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro leaves
1 tsp ginger paste
1/2 tsp garlic paste
2-3 finely chopped green chillies
1/2 tsp red chilly powder
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
1) Boil chicken with all ingredients in Group 1 and about 3/4 cup water .
2) When chicken cools down a bit , shred it and save the stock.
3) Add all ingredients of group 2 to the chicken.
4) Soak two bread slices in the chicken stock. Mash the bread and add to the chicken. Mix well.
5) Make small oval balls.
6) Dip these ovals in beaten egg and roll in bread crumbs.
7) If you want to freeze these croquettes, place them in a single layer on a tray and freeze for few hours. When they become hard put them in Ziploc bags and freeze.
8) They can be shallow fried or deep fried. However, deep frying gives them a more even golden color and is faster too.
9) Serve with tomato ketchup or any dipping sauce of your choice.
This recipe is participating in Iftar Moments, Iftar Nights , Serve-it-fried at Krithi’s Kitchen , Serve-it-fried at Oh Taste and See and Joy from fasting to feasting
8 comments on “Chicken Croquettes”
Looks really good, and what an cute idea using the pepper for the sauce, that is smart.
Absolutely looks delicious.. Perfect for Iftar..
Thanks For Linking it with Iftar Nights..
Ongoing Event-Iftar nights
hello..thanks for visitng my blog…
happy to follow you and hope you would also be….
About linking the recipes….it is working fine for me…..no problem…i will explain….
You have to click on the event logo (the small one) and a page will appear for you to fill in the recipe details….
If you are still not able to post it thru that page….
send all the details to anu(dot)healthykitchen(at)gmail(dot)com
Thanks for letting me know……
Lovely croquettes. thanks for linking to ‘Serve it fried’. do send in your entries to my other event – CWF – Ragihttp://www.ohtastensee.com/2011/06/09/announcing-cooking-with-whole-foods-ragifinger-millet/
The corequettes are looking beautiful and delicous, nice idea to serve the sauce in Pepper Bowl.
Yum! Yum! Yum!
Looks delicious….thank u for sending down to JFFTF-IV.
Greetings and you are in! Thank you for your first submissions to eRecipeCards.com. Hope you have many more of your back stock still to be added and even more; hope you make us a habit. I saw that you had a few problems adding the photo. I did a screen grab and was able to pick what I thought would make you look good. Hope you approve.
I have a tutorial on the site that shows the easiest way to get photos up and on…
Also, we have set up your own personal recipe page showing just the recipes that you submit. An easy way to keep track of the ones you want to re-cook, or a great way to direct people to what you have been cooking. Keep in mind that everything links back to your blog… here’s your page..