With Ramadan (muslim month of fasting) just round the corner, it’s time to stock up my freezer. True, Ramadan is a month of fasting not feasting, but a change in eating schedule demands a change in our regular menu. During Ramadan a well stocked freezer ensures that one spends more time in ibaadah (worship) rather in the kitchen.
Group 1 :
5-6 cloves garlic
1 level tsp black pepper powder
1 small onion chopped
1 tsp salt
1 small onion finely chopped
2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro leaves
1 tsp ginger paste
1/2 tsp garlic paste
2-3 finely chopped green chillies
1/2 tsp red chilly powder
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
1) Boil chicken with all ingredients in Group 1 and about 3/4 cup water .
2) When chicken cools down a bit , shred it and save the stock.
3) Add all ingredients of group 2 to the chicken.
4) Soak two bread slices in the chicken stock. Mash the bread and add to the chicken. Mix well.
5) Make small oval balls.
6) Dip these ovals in beaten egg and roll in bread crumbs.
7) If you want to freeze these croquettes, place them in a single layer on a tray and freeze for few hours. When they become hard put them in Ziploc bags and freeze.
8) They can be shallow fried or deep fried. However, deep frying gives them a more even golden color and is faster too.
9) Serve with tomato ketchup or any dipping sauce of your choice.