When it comes to cheese, Tre Stelle has always been one of my favourite brands. I had some leftover Tre Stelle Ricotta cheese after making my popular Microwave Kalakand ( Indian Milk Fudge). I tried this Ricotta Cheese Pound Cake and it turned out to quite moist, tender and delicious.
For those of you unfamiliar with Ricotta, it has a smooth, creamy texture and a delicate milky aroma. Tre Stelle Ricotta is available in Regular, Smooth and Light versions. However, when it comes to desserts, I prefer full-fat ricotta. Tre Stelle Ricotta cheese is halal-certified by IFANCA. It also bears the kosher symbol.
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more to grease the baking pan
1 1/2 cups plus 1 table spoon granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups regular ricotta cheese
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 orange, zested
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
2) In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to blend.
3) In bowl of electric mixer, measure out sugar and mix in the orange zest . Beat a few seconds with the paddle attachment to combine well.
4) Add butter and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes on medium speed. Add ricotta and continue to beat, until well incorporated and light, about 2 minutes or so.
5) With the machine running, add the eggs 1 at a time, mixing one full minute after each. Add the vanilla and almond extract until combined.
6) Add the dry ingredients, a small amount at a time and stir gently until just incorporated.
7) Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean and the cake is beginning to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 45 to 50 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
One lucky cheese lover can win this custom Cheese Board set from Tre Stelle. The giveaway is open to Canadian residents only.