Hidden Valley Original Ranch has been an old family favorite and I found the new flavors – Hidden Valley Spicy Ranch as well as Hidden Valley Cheese Ranch equally flavorful and versatile. I’m looking forward to try these as a salad dressing, dip, marinade as well as a spread for wraps and sandwiches.
The first recipe that I tried with Hidden Valley Spicy Ranch was this Ranchified Eggplant Dip. Here goes the recipe:
Ranchified Eggplant Dip
Ingredients: ( Makes 4 – 6 servings )
Large Eggplant – 1
Tomato – 1
Hidden Valley Spicy Ranch – 2 to 3 tablespoons
Salt and pepper – according to taste
Oil – for brushing
Fresh cilantro – for garnish
1) Preheat oven to broil. Alternately, prepare a charcoal grill to roast the eggplant and tomato for a great smoky flavor.
2) Wash and dry the eggplant and tomato. Brush both lightly with oil.
3)Place the eggplant on a baking sheet lined with aluminium foil.
3) Place the baking sheet on middle rack of the oven and broil until the skin of the eggplant is completely charred on all sides and the inside is completely soft, about 20-30 minutes. Turn as required in between. As tomatoes take much lesser time to char place the tomato alongside the eggplant only towards the last 8-10 minutes.
5) Cool the eggplant and tomato. Peel and mash them together.
6) Add Hidden Valley Spicy Ranch. Taste and add salt and pepper, if required.
7) Garnish with cilantro. Serve with pita chips, crackers or fresh veggies.
Disclaimer: I received samples of Hidden Valley Ranch products along with a grocery gift card to participate in the Ranchify Recipe Challenge. However, the opinions expressed are my own. I did not receive any other compensation for this post..