When I had posted my 1-2-3 Mango Ice Cream recipe I had promised that I would soon post another version of this super simple recipe with real whipped cream and fresh fruits. However, the past couple of weeks I was caught up with too many things – setting up a new business venture, reorganising the house, health issues to name a few. Finally, I got a chance to make this and was really glad with the results. It’s amazing that with just 5 simple ingredients and without any churning you can come up with such a delicious and creamy ice cream.
This ice cream is great for vegetarians since it does not have eggs or gelatin.You can substitute the blueberries and bananas with other fruits such as strawberries, raspberries, crushed canned pineapple etc and come up your own versions. The vanilla extract can be substituted with cinnamon, lemon etc.
Blueberry Banana Ice Cream
Whipping Cream – 500 ml
Icing sugar – 2 tbsp (optional)
Sweetened Condensed Milk -1 can (300 ml)
Blueberry puree – 1/2 cup (Blend fresh or unsweetened frozen blueberries in blender to make puree)
Banana puree -1/2 cup (Blend about 2 ripe bananas in blender to make puree)
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
1) Chill the beaters and mixing bowl in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes. The whipping cream should also be chilled in the refrigerator for a few hours before whipping to ensure that it whips up properly.
2) Whip the cream along with icing sugar till soft peaks form. If you prefer the ice cream to be less sweet than regular ones, you can skip the sugar.
3) In another large mixing bowl mix the condensed milk, vanilla extract, blueberry puree and banana puree.
4) Gently but thoroughly fold in the whipped cream.
5) Freeze in a freezer safe container, preferably with a tight fitting lid until firm. Enjoy.