1 and 1/2 cups frozen (or fresh) mixed vegetables ( diced carrots, corn, peas, green beans)
1/2 cup potatoes (peeled and diced)
1/4 cup canned pineapples (diced)
1and 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
For the dressing:
2 tbsp Mayonnaise
2 tbsp Heavy Cream
Salt and Pepper (according to taste)
1) Boil the frozen mixed vegetables in about 4 cups water with 1 level tsp salt and 1 level tsp sugar until just done. Frozen vegetables cook very fast so make sure not to overcook them. They should be a bit crunchy.If using fresh veggies boil each vegetable separately since all of them have different cooking times.
2) Drain and rinse with cold water to refresh them. Let them remain in the strainer for about 10 minutes.
2) Boil the potatoes in about 1 and 1/2 cup water with 1/2 tsp salt. Drain and cool.
3) Mix the vegetables, potatoes and canned pineapples.
4) Mix the mayonnaise, cream, salt and pepper.
5) Pour the dressing over the salad and mix lightly. The dressing should be just enough to coat the salad lightly.
6) Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
I garnished the salad with chopped lettuce, stuffed green olives and a tomato rose.
This recipe has been sent to Soups and Salads Mela