This recipe was given to me by a dear Aunt of mine who loves in Kolkata, India. Her recipes have always been a hit whenever I have made them.
This light and refreshing mousse is the perfect dessert for summer, not to mention very quick and easy too. It’s hard to go wrong with this one……a lifesaver when you can’t spare much time for making an elaborate dessert.
Easy Pineapple Mousse
1) Mix half cup milk with 3 tbsp custard powder and 4 tbsp sugar until it forms a smooth paste. Boil the remaining milk.
2)When it comes to a full boil remove from heat and add the custard paste, stirring constantly to avoid lumps .
3) Return to medium heat and bring to a boil again while stirring constantly. Simmer for about 3-4 minutes.Cool the custard completely.
4) Beat the whipping cream along with the icing sugar with an electric mixer until soft peaks form..
5) Beat the cooled custard briefly so that it is smooth.
6)Gently fold it into the whipped cream so that the whole mixture is smooth and fluffy.
7) Gently fold in the pineapple chunks and pineapple juice.
8) Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
This recipe is participating in the D-For-Desserts event